Hostinger is one of the most popular web hosting companies out there and it offers its services in many regions. The company started its operations back in 2004 and now it has more than 29 million users around the world. Hostinger is known for its cheap web hosting but the main question is how the company manages to offer cheap hosting while offering great service. Let’s find out!
Hostinger boasts it gets around 1500 new users every day and one of the main reasons behind it is that the company offers web hosting for just $0.99. However, many users also wonder how the company manages to offer cheap hosting without compromising the quality of the service. We have done our research and we found some interesting facts which will help you know why Hostinger is so cheap. Let’s take a look at them.
What strategies Web Hosting Companies use to offer cheap hosting?
When it comes to web hosting, the companies use the different strategies which help them cut down the cost of the whole operation and they manage to offer cheap hosting plans to their customers. In this section, we will share some popular strategies which help the web hosting companies in achieving cheap plans.
- The first and most effective strategy is to pack a lot of users into one server. It is already used by web hosting companies in the form of shared hosting where many users share the one server. However, there is a limit there so that all the users can get their share of the resources.
- In some cases, companies also limit the resources such as bandwidth and disk space which help the hosting company in cost-cutting.
- Customer support is an expensive operation and many companies cut down their cost by hiring a limited number of customer support staff and offer cheap hosting as compensation.
- The performance of the servers mainly depends on the hardware they use. Some companies also go for cheaper hard drives which are less expensive than SSDs. Similarly, some companies also have their own data centers which allow them to offer cheaper plans to their users.
These are the different strategies which many web hosting companies use to cut down their operational costs and offer cheap hosting to their users.
Why is Hostinger so Cheap?
Hostinger offers a variety of hosting plans which you can pick but their most attractive hosting plan is the “Single Shared Hosting” which only costs $0.99.
The company manages to offer this cheap account by offering limited resources to the user. For example, if you go for the premium shared hosting plan by Hostinger, it offers an unlimited number of websites, email accounts, and bandwidth. However, when users pick the Single Shared Hosting plan which only costs $0.99 they will get limited features. They can only host 1 website, 1 email, and get the limited bandwidth.
Similarly, Single Shared Hosting’s users only get 1 FTP Account, 1 MySQL Database, and 2 subdomains. It also doesn’t come with free domain, SSH Access, and daily backups. The company offers this cheap plan but limits the many features so the company ends up saving a lot of money.
Also, $0.99 is only the introductory price and once you renew your plan, the same hosting plan will cost you $2.15. So, we can say that the company is only offering this plan to add more users to its customer base without losing a lot of money.
Where is Hostinger Based?
Hostinger is a European Company that operates from Lithuania. The company offers a variety of services such as Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Plans, Email Hosting, WordPress Hosting, domains, and many other services.
Hostinger is also the parent company of 000Webhost, Niagahoster, and Weblink. 00Webhost also offers a completely free hosting plan and we have shared the complete guide on this topic on our website here.
Is Hostinger Best for WordPress?
Hostinger is completely optimized for the WordPress sites and the company allows you to install your WordPress website with a 1-click installation feature. All hosting plans also come with WordPress Acceleration (LSCWP) and advanced optimization to ensure that your WordPress websites are fast and secure.
Is Hostinger Reliable?
Hostinger is one of the best hosting companies out there. It is also a very reliable company and it is trusted by more than 29 million users around the world. In terms of performance, Hostinger is better than many other hosting companies out there.
According to our research, Hostinger offers the average uptime of 99.95% and the average loading time is only 363 ms which shows the Hostinger is one of the most reliable and fastest web hosting companies.
What are Pros and Cons of Hostinger?
Just like any other web hosting company, Hostinger also has its pros and cons. In this section, we will share the pros and cons which will help you understand if Hostinger is right for you or not.
- Hostinger is fast and reliable. it offers the fastest loading and during our tests, we were getting the loading time of only 368 ms.
- Hostinger is really easy to use which makes it ideal for beginners.
- WordPress Installation and setup is very easy.
- The company ensures the safety and privacy of data by offering great security and privacy features.
- You can get a free domain with premium plans
- A very handy website builder is also available.
- Live customer support and tons of guides & tutorials available on the website.
- Hostinger has a great track record for uptime.
- No Daily Backups for shared hosting. Premium shared hosting users get the weekly backup.
- Hostinger doesn’t come with cPanel which can be a deal-breaker for experienced webmasters.
- The company offers the live chat feature but some users complained that their customer service is very slow.
That’s all folks. We hope that now you have got the answer to why is Hostinger so cheap. The company offers limited features in its cheap hosting plan and this plan works well for the new webmasters. However, if you want more resources and features then you will ultimately need a premium shared hosting plan. Visit our website for more useful guides.